“Breakfast was stunning” Eva-Marie, Sweden, July 2016
I’ve had quite a few compliments on breakfast recently but this glowing report from Eva was really humbling. Not only was her English impeccable but she even posted photos of her breakfast on Instagram.
For those of you who have not yet poked around on the other pages of this blog, you may not have seen the wonderful variety of breakfast options offered here at Balkissock Lodge.
When I opened the B&B, I envisioned endless “Full Scottish” orders but have increasingly found that guests welcome something different from the traditional so along with local sausage, bacon and eggs you will find a variety of items such as:
- Scottish smoked salmon and scrambled free-range eggs on toasted homemade bread
- Creamy garlic mushrooms and oven baked vine tomatoes on toasted homemade bread
- Asparagus (when in season) and poached free-range eggs on toasted homemade bread
- Blueberry pancakes served with Greek style yoghurt, honey and fresh fruit
- Banana pancakes served with Maple syrup and fresh fruit
- Continental style platter with croissants, ham, cheese and homemade bread
Don’t forget to finish off your breakfast with toasted home baked bread, filter coffee or a choice of several teas and home made preserves.
I’ll have to add a photo of the wide choice of tea tomorrow!!
I also keep a range of gluten free products in stock. Just let me know of any intolerances and allergies when you book and I’ll do my best to cater for your needs so that you have a choice of meals for breakfast.
Last weekend I had a couple staying who were both vegetarian and one was also gluten free. He had a choice of four different cooked breakfasts and chose grilled asparagus with poached egg on toasted gluten free bread.
I’ve recently updated the menu and produced a new menu for tea and coffee … what do you think of the design?
So … what’s your favourite breakfast?
Cordelia @ Balkissock Lodge B&B
© 2016 All rights reserved