The Arran Room (twin ensuite) has been undergoing decoration too.
Some before, during and after shots for you …
I started with re-covering the headboards and bad bases so that they would co-ordinate with the curtains. I’ve never done either before so I set to work with the stapler and hoped for the best. Hand sewing the backing on was tedious and made my fingers sore though!
I then made the curtains, tie backs, pelmets and nets (no photos at present).
Next came the painting … hope that the smell goes. I always chose water based paints but this is the first one that has left a lingering smell. It took two coats to even out the shade.
Painting the woodwork took forever … there’s so much of it in this room and the ensuite and inside of the huge cupboards.
The bedding arrived and I couldn’t resist opening it and getting the beds ready even though the room wasn’t quite finished!
Now for the after shots…
Coming soon … guest lounge renovation and the decoration of the two en-suites…
Copyright © 2015 by Cordelia
All rights reserved